Monday, 11 February 2013

Pardon the CAPS LOCK but I'VE DONE IT!!

Hello to anyone who might read this.  Today will be a short post as I'm going to be celebrating tonight as I have finally finished version/draft three of my first story/book!!

So tonight I am going to get a bottle of my favourite whiskey (John Daniels of Course).  I know people call it Jack Daniels, but when you've known him as long as I have you pretty much get to call him anything you like and I am going to celebrate.

And then, when the inevitable hangover clears, I have to start all over again (Kind of).

But the start of version/draft 4 means that I am almost ready to have someone read my piece/story/book.

So you'll pardon me for being so brief today but I have drinking to be doing. 

So here's a toast to all first time writers, as difficult as that mountain looks when you first start, and as frustrating as it is when you're trying to climb it, it's all worth it when you reach a particular milestone.

I would also like to raise a glass to the all writers that are lucky enough to do what they love for a living (as I truly believe you have to love writing to be a writer, because it's hard, frustrating and sometimes soul destroying work).  If you guys hadn't written the books that I have enjoyed reading ever since I was a kid, I would never have started this venture.

And finally, one last toast.  To version/draft 4.  Here's to being one step closer to reaching that summit, may I see that view soon.

Anyway, JD to consume, I wish all of you well and above all, stay cool.

Pip   x

1 comment:

  1. Major congrats, Pip! I'll pour myself a glass of Mr. Daniels' whiskey and toast to you tonight!

    ReplyDelete